In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. A. L. M.
2. These are the signs of the wise scripture.
3. A guide and a mercy for the good doers.
4. Those who establish the assembly, and contribute towards betterment and regarding the hereafter they are certain.
5. These are on a guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful ones.
6. And from the people, there are those who accept baseless narrations to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.
7. And when Our revelations are recited to him, he turns away arrogantly as if he did not hear them, as if there is a deafness in his ears. So announce to him a painful retribution.
8. Those who believe and do good works, for them will be gardens of bliss.
9. Abiding eternally therein with certainly, as promised by God. He is the Noble, the Wise.
10. He created the heavens without pillars that you can see. And He placed in the earth firm stabilizers so that it would not tumble with you, and He spread on it all kinds of creatures. And We sent down water from the sky, thus We caused to grow all kinds of good plants.
11. This is God’s creation, so show me what those besides Him have created? Indeed, the transgressors are far astray.
12. And We had given Luqmaan the wisdom: “You shall be thankful to God, and whoever is thankful is being thankful for his own good. As for whosoever rejects, then God is Rich, Praiseworthy.”
13. And Luqmaan said to his son, while he was advising him: “O my son, do not set up any partners with God; for setting up partners is an immense wrongdoing.”
14. And We enjoined the human being regarding his parents. His mother bore him with hardship upon hardship, and his weaning takes two lunar years. You shall give thanks to Me, and to your parents. To Me is the final destiny.
15. If they try to force you to set up any partners beside Me, do not obey them. But continue to treat them amicably in this world. You shall follow only the path of those who have submitted to Me. Ultimately, you all return to Me, then I will inform you of everything you have done.
16. “O my son, if it be anything even as the weight of a mustard seed, be it deep inside a rock, or be it in the heavens or the earth, God will bring it. God is Sublime, Expert.”
17. “O my son, establish the assembly and advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and bear with patience whatever befalls you. These are the most honourable traits.”
18. “And do not turn your cheek arrogantly from people, nor shall you roam the earth insolently. For God does not like the arrogant show offs.”
19. “And be humble in how you walk and lower your voice. For the harshest of all voices is the donkey’s voice.”
20. Did you not see that God has committed in your service everything in the heavens and the earth, and has showered you with His blessings, both apparent and hidden? Yet from the people are some who argue about God without knowledge, without guidance, and without the enlightening scripture.
21. And if they are told: “Follow that which God has sent down.” They say: “No, we will follow what we found our fathers doing.” What if the devil is leading them to the agony of Hell?
22. And whosoever surrenders himself completely to God, while he is righteous, then he has taken hold of the strongest bond. And to God all matters will return.
23. And whosoever rejects, then do not be saddened by his rejection. To us is their ultimate return, then We will inform them of what they had done. God is fully aware of what is inside the chests.
24. We let them enjoy for a while, then We commit them to severe retribution.
25. And if you ask them: “Who created the heavens and the earth?” They will say: “God.” Say: “Praise be to God.” Yet, most of them do not know.
26. To God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. God is the Rich, the Praiseworthy.
27. And if all the trees on earth were made into pens, and the ocean were supplied by seven more oceans, the words of God would not run out. God is Noble, Wise.
28. Your creation and your resurrection is all as one breath. God is Hearer, Seer.
29. Have you not seen that God merges the night into the day and merges the day into the night, and that He has committed the sun and the moon, each running to a predetermined term; and that God is expert of everything you do?
30. That is because God is the truth, and that which they call on besides Him is falsehood, and that God is the High, the Great.
31. Have you not seen the ships sailing the sea, carrying God’s provisions, to show you some of His signs? In that are signs for every one who is patient, thankful.
32. And when waves surround them like mountains, they call on God, sincerely devoting the system to Him. But when He saves them to the shore, some of them revert. None discard Our signs except those who are betrayers, unappreciative.
33. O mankind, you shall reverence your Lord, and fear a day when a father cannot help his own child, nor can a child help his father. Certainly, God’s promise is truth. Therefore, do not be deceived by this worldly life; and do not be deceived from God by arrogance.
34. With God is the knowledge regarding the Hour. And He sends down the rain, and He knows what is inside the wombs. No soul knows what it may gain tomorrow, nor does any soul know in which land it will die. God is Knowledgeable, Expert.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. A. L. M.
2. The sending down of this scripture, without a doubt, from the Lord of the worlds.
3. Or do they say: “He fabricated it!” No, it is the truth from your Lord, so that you may warn a people who never received a warner before you, in order that they may be guided.
4. God is the One who created the heavens and the earth, and everything between them in six days, then He settled to the Throne. You do not have beside Him any Lord, nor intercessor. Will you not then remember?
5. He arranges matters from the heaven to the earth, then it ascends to Him in a day which is equivalent to one thousand of the years which you count.
6. Such is the Knower of the unseen and the seen; the Noble, the Merciful.
7. The One who perfected everything He created and He began the creation of the human from mud.
8. Then He made his offspring from a structure derived from a lowly liquid.
9. Then He shaped him, and blew into him from His spirit. And He made for you the hearing, the eyesight, and the hearts; rarely are you thankful.
10. And they said: “When we are buried into the ground, will we be created anew?” Indeed, they reject the meeting of their Lord.
11. Say: “The Angel of death that has been assigned to you will put you to death, then to your Lord you will be returned.”
12. And if only you could see the criminals when they bow down their heads before their Lord: “Our Lord, we have now seen and we have heard, so send us back and we will do good work. Now we have attained certainty.”
13. And if We Had wished, We could have given every soul its guidance, but the word from Me has taken effect, that I will fill Hell with Jinn and humans all together.
14. So taste the consequences of your forgetting this day; for We have forgotten you. And taste the eternal retribution in return for what you used to do.
15. The only people who believe in Our revelations are those who when they are reminded by them, they fall in submission, and they glorify the praise their Lord, and they are not arrogant.
16. Their sides readily forsake their beds, to call on their Lord out of fear and hope, and from Our provisions to them they give.
17. No person knows what is being hidden for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do.
18. Is one who was a believer the same as one who was wicked? They are not equal.
19. As for those who believe and do good works, for them are eternal Gardens as an abode, in return for their works.
20. And as for those who were wicked, their abode is the Fire. Every time they try to leave it, they will be put back in it, and it will be said to them: “Taste the retribution of the Fire in which you used to deny.”
21. And We will let them taste the worldly retribution before the greater retribution, perhaps they will revert.
22. And who is more wicked than one who is reminded of his Lord’s revelations, then he turns away from them? We will exact a punishment from the criminals.
23. And We have given Moses the scripture. So do not be in any doubt about meeting Him. And We made it a guide for the Children of Israel.
24. And We made from among them leaders who guided in accordance with Our command, when they became patient and had certainty regarding Our revelations.
25. Your Lord will separate between them on the Day of Resurrection, regarding that which they disputed in.
26. Is it not a guide for them how many generations We have annihilated before them in whose homes they now walk? In that are signs. Do they not listen?
27. Have they not seen that We drive the water to barren lands, and produce with it crops to feed their livestock, as well as themselves? Do they not see?
28. And they say: “When is this conquest, if you are being truthful?”
29. Say: “On the day of the conquest, it will not benefit those who rejected if they believe, nor will they be given respite.”
30. Therefore, turn away from them and wait, for they too are waiting.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. O you prophet, you shall be aware of God, and do not obey the rejecters and the hypocrites. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
2. And follow what is being revealed to you by your Lord. God is fully aware of all that you do.
3. And put your trust in God. God suffices as an advocate.
4. God did not make any man with two hearts in his body. Nor did He make your wives whom you estrange to be your mothers. Nor did He make your adopted children your sons. Such is what you claim with your mouths, but God speaks the truth, and He guides to the path.
5. Name them by retaining their father’s name. That is more just with God. But if you do not know their fathers, then, as your brothers in the system and members of your family. There is no sin upon you if you make a mistake in this respect; but you will be responsible for what your hearts deliberately intend. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
6. The prophet is closer to the believers than themselves, and his wives are mothers to them. And God’s decree to the believers and the emigrants is that before they help their relatives, they have taken care of their own families first. Such has been decreed in the scripture.
7. And when We took from the prophets their covenant. And from you, and from Noah, and Abraham, and Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary; We took from them a strong covenant.
8. So that the truthful may be asked about their truthfulness, and He has prepared for the rejecters a painful retribution.
9. O you who believe, remember God’s favour upon you when soldiers attacked you and We sent upon them a wind and invisible soldiers. God is Seer of everything you do.
10. For they had come from above you, and from beneath you; your eyes were terrified, and the hearts reached to the throat, and you harboured doubts about God.
11. That is when the believers were truly tested; they were severely shaken up.
12. And the hypocrites and those who have a sickness in their hearts said: “God and His messenger promised us nothing but illusions!”
13. And a group of them said: “O people of Yathrib, you cannot make a stand; therefore, retreat.” And a small party of them sought permission from the prophet, saying: “Our homes are exposed,” while they were not exposed. They just wanted to flee.
14. And if the enemy had entered at them from all sides, and then they were asked to betray, they would do so with very little hesitation.
15. And indeed they had pledged to God before this that they would not turn around and flee. Making a pledge to God brings great responsibility.
16. Say: “It will not benefit you to flee away from death or from being killed, for you will only have the enjoyment for a short while.”
17. Say: “Who can protect you from God if He intends to harm you, or He intends any blessing for you?” They will never find besides God any ally or victor.
18. God already knows which of you are the hinderers, and those who say to their brothers: “Come and stay with us.” Rarely do they mobilize for battle.
19. They are miserable towards you. Then, when fear comes, you see their eyes rolling, as if death had already come to them. But once the fear is gone, they whip you with sharp tongues. They are miserable towards doing any good. These have not believed, so God nullifies their works. This is easy for God to do.
20. They thought that the confederates have not yet mobilized. And if the confederates do appear, they wish that they were out in the desert, seeking out news about you. Even if they were among you, they would not have fought except very little.
21. Indeed, in the messenger of God a good example has been set for you for he who seeks God and the last day and thinks constantly about God.
22. And when the believers saw the confederates, they said: “This is what God and His messenger have promised us, and God and His messenger are truthful.” This only increased their faith and their submission.
23. From among the believers are men who fulfilled their pledge to God. Thus, some of them died, while some are still waiting; but they never altered in the least.
24. That God may recompense the truthful for their truthfulness, and punish the hypocrites if He so wills, or accepts their repentance. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
25. And God drove back those who disbelieved with their rage, they left empty handed. God thus spared the believers any fighting. God is Powerful, Noble.
26. And He also brought down those who helped support them from among the people of the scripture from their secure positions, and He threw terror into their hearts. Some of them you killed, and some you took captive.
27. And He inherited you their land, their homes, their money, and lands you had never stepped on. God is able to do all things.
28. O prophet, say to your wives: “If you are seeking this worldly life and its vanities, then come, I will make a provision for you and set you free in an amicable manner.”
29. “But if you are seeking God and His messenger, and the abode of the Hereafter, then God has prepared for the righteous among you a great reward.”
30. O wives of the prophet, if any of you commits evident lewdness, then the retribution will be doubled for her. This is easy for God to do.
31. Any whosoever of you is obedient to God and His messenger, and does good works, We will grant her double the recompense, and We have prepared for her a generous provision.
32. O wives of the prophet, you are not like any other women. If you are righteous, then do not speak too softly, lest those with disease in their hearts will move with desire; you shall speak in an honourable manner.
33. You shall settle down in your homes, and do not come out like the olden days of ignorance. You shall establish the assembly, and contribute towards betterment, and obey God and His messenger. God wishes to remove any affliction from you, O people of the Shrine, and to purify you completely.
34. And mention all that is being recited in your homes of God’s revelations and the wisdom. God is Sublime, Expert.
35. Surely, the surrendering men, and the surrendering women, the believing men, and the believing women, the obedient men, and the obedient women, the truthful men, and the truthful women, the patient men, and the patient women, the humble men, and the humble women, the charitable men, and the charitable women, the fasting men, and the fasting women, the men who conceal their private parts, and the women who conceal, and the men who commemorate God frequently, and the commemorating women; God has prepared for them a forgiveness and a great recompense.
36. It is not for a believing man or believing woman, if God and His messenger issue any command, that they have any choice in their decision. And anyone who disobeys God and His messenger, he has gone far astray.
37. And you said to the one who was blessed by God, and blessed by you: “Keep your wife and reverence God,” and you hid inside yourself what God wished to proclaim. And you feared the people, while it was God you were supposed to fear. So when Zayd ended his relationship with his wife, We had you marry her, to establish that there is no wrongdoing for the believers in marrying the wives of their adopted sons if their relationship is ended. And God’s command is always done.
38. There is no blame on the prophet in doing anything that God has decreed upon him. Such was God’s way with the people of old. And God’s command is a determined duty.
39. Those who deliver God’s messages, and reverence Him, and they do not reverence anyone but God. God suffices as a reckoner.
40. Muhammad was not the father of any man among you, but he was a messenger of God and the seal of the prophets. And God is fully aware of all things.
41. O you who believe, you shall remember God frequently.
42. And glorify Him morning and evening.
43. He is the One who assembles with you, along with His Angels, to lead you out of darkness into the light. And He is ever Merciful towards the believers.
44. Their greeting the day they meet Him is: “Peace” and He has prepared for them a generous recompense.
45. O prophet, We have sent you as a witness, and a bearer of good news, and a warner.
46. Inviting to God, by His leave, and a guiding beacon.
47. And give good news to the believers, that they have deserved from God a great blessing.
48. And do not obey the rejecters and the hypocrites, and ignore their insults, and put your trust in God; God suffices as an advocate.
49. O you who believe, if you marry the believing women, then divorced them before having intercourse with them, then they do not owe you any waiting interim. You shall compensate them, and let them go in an amicable manner.
50. O prophet, We have made lawful for you your wives to whom you have paid their due dowry, and those whom you are committed to by oath, as granted to you by God. Also the daughters of your father’s brothers, the daughters of your father’s sisters, the daughters of your mother’s brothers, the daughters of your mother’s sisters, who have emigrated with you. Also, if a believing woman gave herself to the prophet, the prophet may marry her if he wishes, as a privilege given only to you and not to the believers. However, her forfeiting of the dowry applies only to the prophet, and not to the other believers. We have already decreed their rights in regard to their spouses and those who are still dependant. This is to spare you any embarrassment. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
51. You may postpone whom you will of them, and you may receive whom you will. And whomsoever you desire of those whom you have set aside then there is no sin upon you. Such is best that they may be comforted and not grieve, and may all be pleased with what you give them. God knows what is in your hearts. God is Knowledgeable, Compassionate.
52. No women are lawful to you beyond this, nor that you change them for other wives, even though you may be attracted by their beauty, except those to whom you are committed by oaths. And God is watchful over all things.
53. O you who believe, do not enter the prophet’s homes except if you are invited to a meal, without you forcing such an invitation. But if you are invited, you may enter. And when you finish eating, you shall leave, without staying for a talk. This used to hurt the prophet, and he was shy to tell you. But God does not shy away from the truth. And if you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a barrier. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not for you to harm God’s messenger, nor that you should marry his wives after him. This is indeed a gross offence with God.
54. If you reveal anything, or hide it, God is fully aware of all things.
55. There is no sin upon them to appear before their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or the sons of their brothers, or the sons of their sisters, or their offspring yet to come, or their women, or those who are still their dependants. And be aware of God, for God is witness over all things.
56. God and His Angels assemble with the prophet. O you who believe, you shall assemble with him, and surrender completely.
57. Surely those who harm God and His messenger, God will curse them in this life and in the Hereafter; and He has prepared for them a shameful retribution.
58. And those who harm the believing men and the believing women, with no just reason, they have brought upon themselves a slander and a gross sin.
59. O prophet, tell your wives, your daughters, and the wives of the believers that they should draw their cloaks about themselves. That is better so that they would not be recognized and harmed. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
60. If the hypocrites, and those with disease in their hearts and those who spread lies in the city do not refrain, then We will let you overpower them, then they will not be able to remain as your neighbours except for a short while.
61. They are cursed wherever they are found. They shall be taken and killed in a slaughter.
62. This is God’s way with those who have passed away before, and you will not find any change in God’s way.
63. The people ask you regarding the Hour. Say: “Its knowledge is but with God. And for all that you know the Hour may be near!”
64. God has cursed the rejecters, and He Has prepared for them Hell.
65. Eternally they abide therein. They will find no ally, or victor.
66. On the day when their faces will be turned over in the fire, they will say: “Oh, we wish we had obeyed God, and obeyed the messenger”
67. And they will say: “Our Lord, we have obeyed our leaders and our learned ones, but they misled us from the path.”
68. “Our Lord, give them double the retribution, and curse them with a mighty curse.”
69. O you who believe, do not be like those who harmed Moses, but then God cleared him of all they said, and he was honourable before God.
70. O you who believe, be aware of God and speak only the truth.
71. He will then direct your works, and forgive your sins. And whosoever obeys God and His messenger has triumphed a great triumph.
72. We have offered the trust to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they refused to bear it, and were fearful of it. But the human being accepted it; he was transgressing, ignorant.
73. So that God may punish the hypocrite men and the hypocrite women, and the men who set up partners and the women who set up partners. And God redeems the believing men and the believing women. And God is Forgiver, Merciful.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Praise be to God, to whom belongs everything in the heavens and the earth; and to Him is the praise in the Hereafter. He is the Wise, the Expert.
2. He knows what goes into the earth, and what comes out of it, and what comes down from the sky, and what climbs into it. He is the Merciful, Forgiver.
3. And those who rejected said: “The Hour will not come upon us!” Say: “Yes, by my Lord, it will come to you.” He is the Knower of the unseen, not even an atom’s weight or less than that or greater can be hidden from Him, be it in the heavens or the earth. All are in a clear record.
4. That he may reward those who believe and do good works. To them will be a forgiveness and a generous provision.
5. As for those who strived against Our revelations to frustrate them, they will have a retribution of painful affliction.
6. And those that have been given knowledge will see that was has been sent down to you from your Lord is the truth, and that it guides to the path of the Noble, the Praiseworthy.
7. And those who rejected said: “Shall we lead you to a man who will tell you that after you are dismembered you will be created anew?”
8. “Has he invented a lie against God, or is there a madness in him?” Indeed, those who do not believe in the Hereafter will be in a retribution and far straying.
9. Have they not seen all the things in front of them and behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We wished, We could cause the earth to swallow them, or cause pieces of the sky to fall on them. In this is a sign for every obedient servant.
10. And We granted David blessings from Us: “O mountains, glorify with him, as well as the birds.” And We softened the iron for him.
11. That you may make armour coats that fit perfectly, and work righteousness. For I am Seer of what you do.
12. And for Solomon the wind was given, traveling one month coming and one month going, and We caused a spring of tar to flow for him. And from among the Jinn are those that worked for him by his Lord’s leave; and any one of them who turns from Our commands, We shall cause him to taste the retribution of the Fire.
13. They made for him what he desired of temples, and statues, and pools of deep reservoirs, and heavy cooking pots. “O family of David, work to show thanks.” Only a few of My servants are appreciative.
14. Then, when We decreed death for him, nothing informed them of his death until a worm kept eating from his staff, so when he fell down, the Jinn realised that if they had known the unseen, they would have remained in the humiliating retribution.
15. There was for Sheba a sign in their homeland, with two gardens on the right and the left. “Eat from the provisions of your Lord, and be thankful to Him.” A good land, and a forgiving Lord.
16. But they turned away, so We sent against them a polluted water, and We substituted their two gardens into two gardens of bad tasting fruits, thorny plants, and a skimpy harvest.
17. We thus requited them for what they rejected. And We do not requite except the rejecter.
18. And We placed between them and between the towns that We blessed, towns that were easy to see; and We measured the journey between them: “Travel in them by night and day in complete security.”
19. But they said: “Our Lord, make the measure between our journeys longer,” and they wronged themselves. So We made them a thing of the past, and We scattered them into small groups. In this are signs for every person who is patient, thankful.
20. And Satan turned out to be correct in his suggestions about them, for they followed him, except for a group of the believers.
21. And he did not have any authority over them except that We might know who believed in the Hereafter from those who are doubtful about it. And your Lord is Keeper over all things.
22. Say: “Call on those whom you have claimed besides God. They do not possess even a single atom’s weight in the heavens, or the earth. They possess no partnership therein, nor is there for Him any assistant among them.”
23. Nor will intercession be of any help with Him, except for whom He has already given leave. Until when the fear has subsided from their hearts, they ask: “What did your Lord say?” They will say: “The truth!” And He is the Most High, the Great.
24. Say: “Who provides for you, from the heavens and the earth?” Say: “God. And either we or you are guided, or are clearly astray.”
25. Say: “You will not be asked about our crimes, nor will we be asked for what you do.”
26. Say: “Our Lord will gather us together then He will judge between us with truth. He is the Judge, the Knowledgeable.”
27. Say: “Show me those whom you have set up as partners with Him! No; He is but God, the Noble, the Wise.”
28. And We have sent you to all the people to be a bearer of good news, as well as a warner; but most people do not know.
29. And they say: “When is this promise, if you are truthful?”
30. Say: “You have an appointed day, which you cannot delay by one hour, nor advance.”
31. And those who rejected have said: “We will not believe in this Quran, nor in what is already with him.” And if you could but see these transgressors when they stand before their Lord, how they will accuse one another back and forth. Those who were deemed weak will say to those who were mighty: “If it were not for you, we would have been believers!”
32. Those who were mighty will say to those who were deemed weak: “Did we turn you away from the guidance after it had come to you? No, it was you who were criminal.”
33. And those who were deemed weak will say to those who were mighty: “No, it was your scheming night and day, when you commanded us to reject God, and to set up equals to Him.” And they will be ridden with regret, when they see the retribution. And We will place shackles around the necks of those who rejected. Are they not being requited for what they used to do?
34. And We did not send a warner to any town, but its carefree ones would say: “We reject what you have been sent with.”
35. And they said: “We have more wealth and more children, and we will not be punished.”
36. Say: “My Lord gives provisions to whomever He wishes, or He restricts them, but most people do not know.”
37. And it is not your money or your children that will bring you closer to Us, but only those who believe and do good work, they will receive double the reward for their works, and they will reside in the high dwellings in peace.
38. As for those who strive against Our revelations, they will be brought to the retribution.
39. Say: “My Lord gives provisions for whom He wishes of His servants and He restricts for him. And anything you spend, He will replace it; and He is the Best of providers.”
40. And on the day when He gathers them all, He will say to the Angels: “Was it you that these people used to worship?”
41. They will say: “Be You glorified. You are our Lord, not them. No, most of them were worshiping the Jinn; most of them were believers in them.”
42. So today, none of you can help or harm one another. And We will say to the transgressors: “Taste the retribution of the Fire that you used to deny.”
43. And when Our clear revelations were recited to them, they said: “This is but a man who wants to turn you away from what your parents were worshiping.” And they also said: “This is nothing but a fabricated lie.” And those who disbelieved say of the truth when it has come to them: “This is nothing but evident magic!”
44. We had not given them any scriptures to study, nor did we send to them before you any warner.
45. And those before them had also denied, while they did not reach one tenth of what We have given to this generation, so they denied My messengers, how severe was My retribution!
46. Say: “I advise you to do one thing: that you stand before God, in pairs or as individuals, then reflect. There is no madness in your friend, he is only a warner to you in the face of a severe retribution.”
47. Say: “I have not asked you for any wage; you can keep it. My wage is from God, and He is witness over all things.”
48. Say: “My Lord rebuts with the truth. He is the Knower of all secrets.”
49. Say: “The truth has come; while falsehood can neither initiate anything, nor resurrect.”
50. Say: “If I stray, then I stray to my own loss. And if I am guided, then it is because of what my Lord inspired to me. He is Hearer, Near.”
51. And if you could but see, when they will be terrified with no escape, and they will be taken from a place that is near.
52. And they will say: “We believe in it,” but it will be far too late.
53. And they had rejected it in the past; and they conjectured about the unseen from a place far off.
54. And a barrier will be set up between them and what they desire, as was done for their counterparts before. They have been in grave doubt.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Praise be to God, Initiator of the heavens and the earth; maker of the Angels as messengers with wings of two’s, and three’s, and four’s. He increases in the creation as He wishes. God is able to do all things.
2. Whatever mercy God opens for the people, none can stop it. And what He holds back none can send it other than He. And He is the Noble, the Wise.
3. O people, remember God’s blessing upon you. Is there any creator other than God who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? There is no god besides Him, so why do you deviate?
4. And if they deny you, then also messengers before you have been denied. And to God will all matters be returned.
5. O people, God’s promise is the truth; therefore, do not be overwhelmed by this worldly life, and do not let arrogance overwhelm you from God.
6. The devil is an enemy to you, so treat him as an enemy. He only invites his faction to be the dwellers of Hell.
7. Those who reject will have a painful retribution, and those who believe and do good works they will have a forgiveness and a great reward.
8. The one whose evil work is adorned and he sees it as being good. God thus misguides whom he wills, and He guides whom He wills. So do not let yourself grieve over them. God is fully aware of what they are doing.
9. And God is the One who sends the winds so it stirs up a cloud, then We drive it to a town that is dead, and We revive with it the land after it had died. Such is the resurrection.
10. Whosoever is seeking pride, then know that to God belongs all Pride. To Him ascend the good words, and they are exalted by the good deeds. And as for those who scheme evil, they will have a painful retribution, and their scheming will fail.
11. And God created you from dust, then from a drop, then He made you into pairs. And no female becomes pregnant, nor gives birth, without His knowledge. Nor does anyone have his life extended, or his life is shortened, except in a record. This is easy for God.
12. Nor are the two seas the same. One is fresh and palatable, good to drink, while the other is salty and bitter. And from each of them you eat tender meat, and you extract jewellery to wear. And you see the ships sailing through them, seeking His provisions; and perhaps you may be appreciative.
13. He merges the night into the day, and merges the day into the night. And He has committed the sun and the moon, each runs for a predetermined period. Such is God your Lord; to Him is the sovereignty. And as for those whom you call on besides Him, they do not possess a seed’s shell.
14. If you call on them, they cannot hear you. And even if they hear you, they cannot respond to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will reject your idolatry. And none can inform you like an Expert.
15. O people, you are the poor when it comes to God, while God is the Rich, the Praiseworthy.
16. If He wishes, He could do away with you and He would bring a new creation.
17. And this is not too difficult for God.
18. And no person can carry the load of another, and even if it calls on another to bear part of its load, no other can carry any part of it, even if they were related. You will only be able to warn those who fear their Lord while unseen, and they establish the assembly. And whoever contributes, is contributing for himself. And to God is the final destiny.
19. The blind and the seer are not equal.
20. Nor are the darkness and the light.
21. Nor are the shade and the heat.
22. Nor equal are the living and the dead; God causes whomever He wills to hear. And you cannot make those who are in the graves hear.
23. You are but a warner.
24. We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of good news, and a warner. There is not a nation but a warner came to it.
25. And if they deny you, then those before them have also denied. Their messengers went to them with proofs, and the Psalms, and the enlightening scripture.
26. But then I seized those who rejected; how terrible was My retribution!
27. Do you not see that God sends down water from the sky, thus We produce with it fruits of various colors? And of the mountains are peaks that are white, or red, or some other color. And the ravens are black.
28. And from the people, and the animals, and the livestock, are various colors. As such, only the knowledgeable among God’s servants reverence Him. God is Noble, Forgiving.
29. Surely, those who recite God’s Scripture, and establish the assembly, and spend secretly and openly from what We have provided them, they are seeking a trade that can never lose.
30. He will give them their recompense, and He will increase them from His blessings. He is Forgiving, Appreciative.
31. And what We inspired to you from the scripture, it is the truth, authenticating what is present. God is Expert of His servants, Seer.
32. Then We inherited the scripture to those whom We selected from Our servants. Subsequently, some of them wronged their souls, and others upheld it partly, while others were eager to work righteousness in accordance with God’s will; this is the greatest triumph.
33. They will enter the gardens of Eden, where they will be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments in it will be of silk.
34. And they will say: “Praise be to God who took away our sorrow. Our Lord is Forgiving, Appreciative.”
35. “The One who admitted us into the abode of eternal bliss, out of His grace. In it, no boredom touches us, nor does any fatigue.”
36. As for those who have rejected, for them is the fire of Hell, where they do not expire and die, nor is its retribution ever reduced for them. It is such that We requite every rejecter.
37. And they will scream in it: “Our Lord, let us out, and we will work righteousness instead of the works we used to do.” Did We not give you a long life so that he who would remember would take heed, and a warner came to you? Therefore, taste, for the transgressors will have no supporter.
38. God knows unseen of the heavens and the earth. He is knowledgeable of what is even inside the chests.
39. He is the One who made you successors on the earth. Subsequently, whoever disbelieves, then to him is his disbelief. And the disbelief of the disbelievers only increases their Lord’s abhorrence towards them. The disbelief of the disbelievers only increases their loss.
40. Say: “Do you see the partners whom you have called on besides God? Show me what they have created on earth. Or do they possess any partnership in the heavens? Or have We given them a scripture wherein they are taking knowledge from it? Indeed, what the transgressors promise one another is no more than arrogance.”
41. God is the One who holds the heavens and the earth, lest they cease to exist. And they would certainly cease to exist if anyone else were to hold them after Him. He is Compassionate, Forgiving.
42. And they swore by God in their strongest oaths, that if a warner came to them, they would be the most guided of all nations, but when a warner came to them, it only increased their aversion!
43. Arrogance on earth, and evil scheming. And the evil schemes only backfire on those who scheme them. Were they expecting anything different from the ways used on the people of the past? You will not find any change in God’s way, and you will not find any bypass to His way.
44. Did they not roam the earth and note how was the consequence for those who were before them? And they were even more powerful than they in strength. But nothing can deter God be it in the heavens, or in the earth. He is Knowledgeable, Omnipotent.
45. And if God were to punish the people for what they have earned, He would not leave a single creature standing. But He delays them to a predetermined time. Then, when their time comes, then God is Seer of His servants.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Y. S.
2. And the Quran of wisdom.
3. You are one of the messengers.
4. Upon a straight path.
5. The revelation of the Most Honourable, Most Merciful.
6. To warn a people whose fathers were not warned, for they are unaware.
7. The retribution has been deserved by most of them, for they do not believe.
8. We have placed shackles around their necks, up to their chins, so that they are forced in direction.
9. And We have placed a barrier in front of them, and a barrier behind them, thus We shielded them so they cannot see.
10. And whether you warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe.
11. You can only warn him who follows the reminder, and reverences the Almighty while unseen. Give him good news of forgiveness and a generous reward.
12. It is indeed Us who resurrect the dead, and We record what they have done and left behind. And everything We have counted in a clear ledger.
13. And cite for them the example of the people of the town, when the messengers came to it.
14. Where We sent two to them, but they disbelieved in them, so We supported them with a third one, thus they said: “We are messengers to you.”
15. They replied: “You are but human beings like us, and the Almighty did not send down anything, you are only telling lies.”
16. They said: “Our Lord knows that we have been sent to you.”
17. “And we are only required to give a clear delivery.”
18. They replied: “We have welcomed you better than you deserve. If you do not cease, we will stone you, and you will receive a painful retribution from us!”
19. They said: “Keep your welcome with you, for you have been reminded. Indeed, you are transgressing people.”
20. And a man came running from the farthest part of the city, saying: “O my people, follow the messengers.”
21. “Follow those who do not ask you for any wage, and are guided.”
22. “And why should I not serve the One who initiated me, and to Him is your ultimate return?”
23. “Shall I take gods besides Him? If the Almighty intends any harm for me, their intercession cannot help me in the least, nor can they save me.”
24. “Then I would be clearly astray.”
25. “I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!”
26. It was said: “Enter Paradise.” He said “Oh, how I wish my people only knew!”
27. “Of what my Lord has forgiven me, and made me of the honoured ones.”
28. And We did not send down upon his people after him soldiers from the sky; for there was no need to send them down.
29. For all it took was one scream, whereupon they were stilled.
30. What sorrow for the servants. For every time a messenger went to them, they would ridicule him.
31. Did they not see how many generations We destroyed before them, do they not go back to them?
32. And how every one of them will be summoned before Us.
33. And a sign for them is the dead land, We revive it and produce from it seeds from which they eat.
34. And We made in it gardens of date palms, and grapes, and We cause springs to gush forth therein.
35. So that they may eat from its fruits, and what they manufacture with their own hands. Would they be thankful?
36. Praise be to the One who created all pairs from what the earth sprouts out and from themselves, and from what they do not know.
37. And a sign for them is the night, We remove the daylight from it, whereupon they are in darkness.
38. And the sun runs to a specific location, such is the design of the Noble, the Knowledgeable.
39. And the moon We have measured it to appear in stages, until it returns to being like an old curved sheath.
40. The sun is not required to overtake the moon, nor will the night precede the day; each of them is swimming in its own orbit.
41. And a sign for them is that we carried their ancestors on the charged ship.
42. And We created for them of its similarity, to ride in.
43. And if We wished, We could drown them, so that their screaming would not be heard, nor could they be saved.
44. Except through a mercy from Us, and as an enjoyment for awhile.
45. And when they are told: “Be aware of your present and your past, that you may attain mercy.”
46. And no matter what sign comes to them from the signs of their Lord, they turn away from it.
47. And when they are told: “Spend from what God has provisioned you.” Those who reject say to those who believe: “Shall we feed those whom God could feed, if He so willed? You are clearly misguided!”
48. And they say: “When is this promise to come, if you are truthful?”
49. They will not realize it when one scream overwhelms them, while they dispute.
50. They will not even be able to leave a will, nor will they be able to return to their people.
51. And the horn will be blown, whereupon they will rise from the graves massing towards their Lord.
52. They will say: “Woe to us. Who has resurrected us from our resting place? This is what the Almighty had promised. The messengers were truthful!”
53. It only took one scream, whereupon they are summoned before Us.
54. On this day, no soul will be wronged in the least. You will be recompensed precisely for whatever you did.
55. The dwellers of Paradise will be, on that day, joyfully busy.
56. Both them and their spouses, they will be shaded, reclining on high furnishings.
57. They will have fruits therein; they will have in it whatever they ask for.
58. Saying of: “Peace” from a Merciful Lord.
59. “As for you, O criminals, you are singled out.”
60. “Did I not pledge to you, O Children of Adam, that you should not serve the devil for he is your most ardent enemy?”
61. “And that you should serve Me? That is a straight path.”
62. “He has misled mountain loads of you. Did you not possess any understanding?”
63. “This is Hell that you have been promised!”
64. “Burn in it today, as a consequence of your rejection.”
65. Today, We shall seal their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their feet will bear witness to everything they had done.
66. And if We wished, We can blind their eyes and, and they would race towards the path, but how would they see?.
67. And if We wished, We can freeze them in their place; thus, they can neither move forward, nor go back.
68. And for whomever We grant a long life, We weaken him in body. Do they not understand?
69. And We did not teach him poetry, nor does he need it. This is a reminder and a clear Quran.
70. To warn those who are alive, and so that the retribution will be deserved by the rejecters.
71. Did they not see that We created for them with Our own hands livestock which they own?
72. And they were subdued by Us for them. So some they ride, and some they eat.
73. And they have in them other benefits, as well as drinks. Would they not be appreciative?
74. And they have taken besides God other gods, perhaps they will help them!
75. They cannot help them. And they will end up serving them as devoted soldiers.
76. So do not be saddened by what they say. We are fully aware of what they conceal and what they declare.
77. Has man not seen that We have created him from a drop, that he would become an ardent enemy?
78. And he cites an example for Us, while forgetting his own creation! He says: “Who can resurrect the bones while they are dust?”
79. Say: “The One who initiated them in the first place will resurrect them. He is fully aware of every creation.”
80. The One who initiated for you a forest fire, by which you learned to light.
81. Is not the One who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like of them? Yes indeed; He is the Creator, the Knowledgeable.
82. His command, when He wants anything, is to say to it: “Be” and it is!
83. Therefore, praise be to the One in whose Hand is the sovereignty over all things, and to Him you will be returned.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. By the columns in formation.
2. By the drivers of clouds.
3. By the remembrance which follows.
4. Your god is indeed One.
5. The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and what lies between them, and Lord of the easts.
6. We have adorned this universe with the decoration of planets.
7. And to guard against every rebellious devil.
8. They cannot listen to the leadership up high; and they are bombarded from every side.
9. Outcasts; they will have an eternal retribution.
10. Any of them who snatches something away, he is pursued by a piercing flame.
11. So ask them: “Are they the more powerful creation, or the others We created?” We have created them from sticky mud.
12. While you had been wondered, they mocked.
13. And when they are reminded, they do not care.
14. And when they see a sign, they make fun of it.
15. And they said: “This is nothing but evident magic!”
16. “Can it be that after we die and become dust and bones, that we are resurrected?”
17. “What about our fathers of old?”
18. Say: “Yes, and then you will be humiliated.”
19. All it takes is one sound, then they will be staring.
20. And they said: “Woe to us, this is the Day of Judgment!”
21. This is the day of decisiveness that you used to deny.
22. Gather the transgressors, and their mates, and all they worshiped.
23. Beside God, and guide them to the path of Hell.
24. And let them stand and be questioned:
25. “Why do you not support one another?”
26. No, for today they have totally given up.
27. And some of them came to each other, questioning.
28. They said: “You used to entice us from the right side.”
29. They will respond: “No, it was you who were not believers.”
30. “And we never had any power over you, but you were a wicked people.”
31. “So our Lord’s decree is now upon us, that we will suffer.”
32. “We misled you, because we were astray.”
33. On that day they will all share in the retribution.
34. This is how we deal with the criminals.
35. When it was said to them: “There is no god except God,” they would be arrogant.
36. And they would say: “Shall we leave our gods because of a crazy poet?”
37. No, he has come with the truth and has confirmed the messengers.
38. You will taste the greatest of retribution.
39. And you are only recompensed for what you have done.
40. Except for God’s servants who are faithful.
41. For them will be known provisions.
42. Fruits, and they will be honoured.
43. In the gardens of bliss.
44. On furnishings which are opposite one another.
45. They will be served with cups of pure drinks.
46. Clear and tasty for the drinkers.
47. There is no bitterness therein, nor will they be removed from it.
48. With them will be humble female companions.
49. They are like fragile eggs.
50. So then approached one another, questioning.
51. One of them said: “I used to have a friend.”
52. “Who use to say: “Are you among those who believe in this?”
53. “That if we die and turn into dust and bones, that we would be called to account?””
54. He said: “Can anyone find him?”
55. So when he looked, he saw him in the midst of Hell.
56. He said: “By God, you nearly ruined me!”
57. “And had it not been for my Lord’s blessing, I would have been with you.”
58. “Are we then not going to die,”
59. “Except for our first death, and we will not be punished?”
60. Such is the greatest triumph.
61. Fore this let those who will strive work.
62. Is that a better destination, or the tree of Zaqqum?
63. We have made it a punishment for the transgressors.
64. It is a tree that grows in the entrance of Hell.
65. Its shoots are like the devils’ heads.
66. They will eat from it, so that their bellies are filled up.
67. Then they will have with it a drink of boiling liquid.
68. Then they will be returned to Hell.
69. They had been raised with their parents astray.
70. So they too have hastened in their footsteps.
71. Most of the previous generations have strayed before them.
72. And We had sent to them warners.
73. Thus note the consequences for those who were warned.
74. Except for God’s servants who are faithful.
75. And Noah had called upon Us, for We are the best to respond.
76. And We saved him and his family from the great disaster.
77. And We made his progeny the one that remained.
78. And We kept his history for those who came later.
79. Peace be upon Noah among the worlds.
80. It is such that We reward the righteous.
81. He is of Our believing servants.
82. Then We drowned the others.
83. And from among his descendants was Abraham.
84. For he came to his Lord with a pure heart.
85. When he said to his father and his people: “What are you worshiping?”
86. “Is it fabricated gods, instead of God, that you want?”
87. “What do you say of the Lord of the worlds?”
88. Then he looked towards the stars.
89. And he said: “I am ill!”
90. So they turned away from him and departed.
91. He then went to their idols and said: “Can you not eat?”
92. “What is the matter, you do not speak?”
93. So he then turned on them, striking with his hand.
94. Then they approached him outraged.
95. He said: “Do you worship what you carve?”
96. “While God has created you, and all that you make!”
97. They said: “Build for him a structure, and then throw him into its fire.”
98. So they wanted to harm him, but We made them the losers.
99. And he said: “I am going to my Lord; He will guide me.”
100. “My Lord, grant me from among the righteous.”
101. So We gave him good news of a compassionate child.
102. And when he grew enough to work with him, he said: “My son, I am seeing in a dream that I am slaughtering you. What do you think?” He said: “O my father, do what you are commanded to do. You will find me, God willing, patient.”
103. So when they both had surrendered, and he put his forehead down.
104. And We called him: “O Abraham,”
105. “You have fulfilled the vision.” It is thus that We reward the righteous.
106. Surely, this was a clear test.
107. And We ransomed him with a great animal sacrifice.
108. And We kept his history for those who came later.
109. Peace be upon Abraham.
110. It is thus that We reward the righteous.
111. He was of Our believing servants.
112. And We gave him the good news of the coming of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous.
113. And We blessed him and Isaac. And from among their progeny, some are righteous, and some are clearly wicked.
114. And indeed, We have given Our grace to Moses and Aaron.
115. And We saved them and their people from the great disaster.
116. And We supported them, so that they became the winners.
117. And We gave both the clear scripture.
118. And We guided them to the straight path.
119. And We kept their history for those who came later.
120. Peace be upon Moses and Aaron.
121. We thus reward the righteous.
122. Both of them were among Our believing servants.
123. And Elias was one of the messengers.
124. When he said to his people: “Would you not be righteous?”
125. “Would you call on Ba’al and forsake the best Creator?”
126. “God is your Lord, and the Lord of your fathers of old!”
127. But they denied him. Thus they were called to account.
128. Except for God’s devoted servants.
129. And We kept his history for those who came later.
130. Peace be upon the family of Elias.
131. We thus reward the righteous.
132. He was one of our believing servants.
133. And Lot was one of the messengers.
134. When We saved him and all his family.
135. Except an old woman who remained.
136. Then, We destroyed the rest.
137. And you pass by their ruins in the morning.
138. And in the night. Do you not understand?
139. And Jonah was one of the messengers.
140. When he escaped to the charged ship.
141. And he was guilty, so he became among the losers.
142. Thus a whale swallowed him, and he was the one to blame.
143. And had it not been that he was one of those who implored,
144. He would have stayed in its belly until the Day of Resurrection.
145. So We threw him on the shore while he was sick.
146. And We caused seaweed to grow on him.
147. And We sent him to a hundred thousand, or more.
148. And they believed, so We gave them enjoyment for a time.
149. So ask them: “Are the daughters for your Lord, while the sons are for them?”
150. Or did We create the Angels as females while they witnessed?
151. Indeed, it is out of their falsehood that they say:
152. “The son of God.” And they are liars.
153. Has He chosen the girls over the boys?
154. What is wrong with you, how do you judge?
155. Will you not remember?
156. Or do you have a clear proof?
157. Bring forth your scripture, if you are truthful.
158. And they invented a kinship between Him and the Jinn. But the Jinn know that they will be gathered.
159. God be glorified from what they describe.
160. Except for God’s servants who are faithful.
161. As for you and what you worship.
162. You cannot lead away from Him.
163. Except those who are destined to Hell.
164. Every one of us has a destined place.
165. And we are the ones who are in columns.
166. And we are the ones that glorify.
167. And they used to say:
168. “If only we had received a reminder from the previous generations,”
169. “We would have surely been God’s loyal servants.”
170. But they rejected it. They will come to know.
171. Our word had been decreed to Our servants who were sent.
172. That they would be made victorious.
173. And that Our soldiers are the winners.
174. So turn away from them for awhile.
175. And observe them; for they will see.
176. Do they seek to hasten Our retribution?
177. Then, when it descends into their courtyard, evil will be the morning, for they have already been warned.
178. And turn away from them for awhile.
179. And observe; for they will see.
180. Glory be to your Lord, the Lord of greatness, for what they have described.
181. And peace be upon the messengers.
182. And praise be to God, Lord of the worlds.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. S’, and the Quran that contains the reminder.
2. Indeed, those who disbelieve have plunged into arrogance and defiance.
3. How many a generation before them We destroyed. They called for help, in vain.
4. And they wondered that a warner should come to them, from among them. The disbelievers said: “A magician, a liar.”
5. “Did he make the gods into one god? This is a strange thing indeed!”
6. The leaders among them said: “Go on, and remain steadfast to your gods. This is what is desired.”
7. “We never heard of this from the people before us. This is a lie.”
8. “Has the reminder come down to him, instead of us?” Indeed, they are doubtful of My proof. Indeed, they have not yet tasted My retribution.
9. Or do they own the treasures of mercy of your Lord, the Noble, the Grantor.
10. Or do they possess the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them? Let them help themselves.
11. They will be a defeated host, even if all their parties banded together.
12. Disbelieving before them were the people of Noah, ‘Aad, and the mighty Pharaoh.
13. And Thamud, and the people of Lot, the dwellers of the Woods; those were the opponents.
14. Each of them disbelieved the messengers and thus, My retribution was inevitable.
15. And these people can expect a single scream, from which they never recover.
16. And they said: “Our Lord, hasten for us our judgment, before the Day of Reckoning.”
17. Be patient in the face of their utterances, and remember Our servant David, the resourceful. He was obedient.
18. We committed the mountains in his service, glorifying with him at sunset and sunrise.
19. And the birds were assembled; all were obedient to him.
20. And We strengthened his kingship, and endowed him with wisdom and decision making.
21. Have you received news of the feuding men who climbed into the temple enclosure?
22. When they entered upon him, he was startled. They said: “Have no fear. We are feuding with one another, so judge between us with truth, and do not wrong us, and guide us in the right path.”
23. “This is my brother and he owns ninety nine sheep, while I own one sheep. So he said to me: ‘Let me take care of it’ and he pressured me.”
24. He said: “He has wronged you by asking to combine your sheep with his. And most who combine their properties take advantage of one another, except those who believe and do good works, and these are so few.” And David guessed that We had tested him, so he implored his Lord for forgiveness, and fell down kneeling, and repented.
25. So We forgave him in this matter. We have granted him a position of honour with us, and a beautiful abode.
26. O David, We have made you a successor on earth. Therefore, you shall judge among the people with truth, and do not follow desire, lest it diverts you from the way of God. Surely, those who stray off the way of God incur severe retribution for forgetting the Day of Reckoning.
27. And We did not create the heaven and the earth, and everything between them, in vain. Such is the thinking of those who rejected. Therefore, woe to those who have rejected from the Fire.
28. Or shall We treat those who believe and do good works as We treat those who commit evil on earth? Or shall We treat the righteous as We treat the wicked?
29. A scripture that We have sent down to you, that is blessed, so that they may reflect upon its verses, and so that the people of intelligence will take heed.
30. To David we granted Solomon, a good and obedient servant.
31. When, during early twilight, well trained horses were displayed before him.
32. He then said: “I enjoyed the good of materialism more than I enjoyed remembering my Lord, until it has become totally dark.”
33. “Send them back.” He then rubbed their legs and necks.
34. And We tested Solomon by placing a dead body on his throne, but he then repented.
35. He said: “My Lord, forgive me, and grant me a kingship never attained by anyone else. You are the Grantor.”
36. So, We committed the wind to run by his command, raining gently where he directed it.
37. And the devils, building and diving.
38. Others were placed at his disposal.
39. “This is Our provision to you. You may give generously, or withhold, without limits.”
40. And he has deserved a near position with Us, and a wonderful abode.
41. And recall Our servant Job, when he called upon his Lord: “The devil has afflicted me with an illness and pain.”
42. “Strike the ground with your foot, here is a cold spring to wash with and to drink.”
43. And We restored his family for him along with a group like them, as a mercy from Us; and a reminder for those who possess intelligence.
44. “And take in your hand a bundle and strike with it, and do not break your oath.” We found him steadfast. What a good servant! He was repentant.
45. And recall Our servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. They were resourceful, and with vision.
46. We bestowed upon them the awareness of the Hereafter.
47. And they are with Us of the chosen, the best.
48. And recall Ismail, Elisha, and Ezekiel; all are among the best.
49. This is a reminder, and the righteous will have a wonderful abode.
50. The gardens of Eden will open up their gates for them.
51. Relaxing therein, they will be given many kinds of fruits and drinks.
52. They will have wonderful spouses.
53. This is what you have been promised on the Day of Reckoning.
54. Such is Our provisions, it does not run out.
55. This is so, and for the transgressors is a miserable destiny.
56. Hell is where they burn. What a miserable abode!
57. This is so, and let them taste a boiling drink and bitter food.
58. And much more of the same kind.
59. And here is another group to be thrown into Hell with you. There is no welcome for them? They shall burn in the Fire.
60. They said: “No, they are not welcomed. You are the ones who preceded us and misled us. Therefore, suffer this miserable end.”
61. They will say: “Our Lord, whoever brought this upon us, then double their retribution in the Fire!”
62. And they will say: “Why do we not see people we used to count among the wicked?”
63. “Have we mocked them wrongly, or have our eyes failed to find them?”
64. Surely, this is in truth the feuding of the people of Hell.
65. Say: “I am but a warner; and there is no other god beside God, the One, the Supreme.”
66. “The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them; the Noble, the Forgiving.”
67. Say: “This is the awesome news.”
68. “From which you turn away.”
69. “I had no knowledge about the High Leadership when they feuded.”
70. “I am inspired that I am a clear warner.”
71. When your Lord said to the Angels: “I am creating a human being from clay.”
72. “So when I have designed him, and breathed from My spirit into him, then you shall submit to him.”
73. The Angels submitted, all of them,
74. Except Satan; he refused, and was one of the rejecters.
75. He said: “O Satan, what prevented you from submitting to what I have created with My hands? Are you too arrogant? Or are you on of those exalted?”
76. He said: “I am better than he; You created me from fire, and created him from clay.”
77. He said: “Therefore exit from it, you are outcast.”
78. “And My curse will be upon you until the Day of Judgment.”
79. He said: “My Lord, grant me leave till the day they are resurrected.”
80. He said: “You are granted.”
81. “Until the appointed day.”
82. He said: “By Your majesty, I will send them all astray.”
83. “Except for Your servants who are devoted.”
84. He said: “This is the truth, and the truth is what I say”
85. “That I will fill Hell with you and all those who follow you.”
86. Say: “I do not ask you for any wage, nor am I an impostor.”
87. “It is but a reminder for the worlds.”
88. “And you will come to know its news after awhile.”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. The revelation of the scripture, from God, the Noble, the Wise.
2. We have sent down to you the scripture with truth, so serve God while devoting the system to Him.
3. Absolutely, to God is the devoted system. And those who set up allies beside Him say: “We only serve them so that they may bring us closer to God.” God will judge between them regarding their disputes. Surely, God does not guide him who is a liar, a rejecter.
4. Had God wished to take a son, He could have chosen whom He pleased from among his creation. Be He glorified; He is God, the One, the Supreme.
5. He created the heavens and the earth with truth. He rolls the night over the day, and He rolls the day over the night. And He committed the sun and the moon, each running for an appointed term. Absolutely, He is the Noble, the Forgiving.
6. He created you from one person, then He made from it its mate. And He sent down to you eight pairs of the livestock. He creates you in your mothers’ bellies, a creation after a creation in three darkness’s. Such is God your Lord. To Him belongs the sovereignty. There is no god besides Him. How then do you deviate?
7. If you reject, then God does not need anyone. And He dislikes disbelief for His servants. And if you are appreciative, then He is pleased for you. And none shall bear the burdens of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you of everything you had done. He is fully aware of what is inside the chests.
8. And when the human being is afflicted with adversity, he implores his Lord, sincerely devoted to Him. But then, when He grants him a blessing from Him, he forgets his previous imploring, and sets up equals with God, in order to mislead others from His path. Say: “Enjoy your disbelief for a while; for you are of the dwellers of the Fire.”
9. The one who is meditating in the night, submitting and standing, fearing the Hereafter, and seeking the mercy of their Lord. Say: “Are those who know equal to those who do not know?” Only those who possess intelligence will take heed.
10. Say: “O My servants who believed, you be aware of your Lord.” For those who worked righteousness in this world, a good reward. God’s earth is spacious, and those who steadfastly persevere will receive their recompense generously, without reckoning.
11. Say: “I have been commanded to serve God, devoting the system to Him.”
12. “And I was commanded to be the first of those who surrender.”
13. Say: “I fear, if I disobeyed my Lord, the retribution of a great day.”
14. Say: “God is the One I serve, devoting my system to Him.”
15. “Therefore, serve whatever you wish beside Him.” Say: “The losers are those who lose their souls, and their families, on the Day of Resurrection. Most certainly, this is the real loss.”
16. They will have coverings of fire above them and below them. God thus frightens His servants with it: “O My servants, you shall reverence Me.”
17. And for those who avoid to serve all evil, and turn to God in repentance, for them are glad tidings. So give the good news to My servants.
18. Those who listen to what is being said, then follow the best of it. These are the ones whom God has guided, and these are the ones who possess intelligence.
19. With regard to those who have deserved the retribution, can you save those who are already in the Fire?
20. But those who reverence their Lord, they will have dwellings constructed in floors, with rivers flowing beneath them. This is God’s promise, and God does not break the promise.
21. Do you not see that God sends down water from the sky, and causes it to become streams under the earth, then He produces with it plants of various colors, then they grow until they turn yellow, then He turns them lifeless? This should be a reminder for those who possess intelligence.
22. If one opens his chest to surrender, then he will be on a light from his Lord. So woe to those whose hearts are hardened against remembering God. They have gone far astray.
23. God has sent down the best narration, a scripture that is similar in two ways. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver from it, then their skins and their hearts soften up to the remembrance of God. Such is God’s guidance; He guides with it whoever He wills. And for whomever God misguides, then none can guide him.
24. What is better than saving one’s face from the terrible retribution on the Day of Resurrection? The transgressors will be told: “Taste the consequences of what you earned.”
25. Those before them have denied, and consequently, the retribution came to them from where they never expected.
26. So God made them taste the humiliation in this worldly life, and the retribution in the Hereafter will be far worse, if they only knew.
27. We have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed.
28. A Quran in Arabic, without any crookedness, that they may be righteous.
29. God cites the example of a man who has disputing associates, and a man who has given to dealing with only one man. Are they the same? Praise be to God; most of them do not know.
30. You will die, and they will die.
31. Then on the Day of Resurrection, before your Lord, you will feud.
32. Who then is more wicked than one who lies about God, and denies the truth when it comes to him? Is there no abode in Hell for the rejecters?
33. As for those who bring the truth, and believe therein, they are the righteous.
34. They shall have what they wish at their Lord. Such is the reward for the good doers.
35. So that God may cancel for them the worst that they did, and so that He may recompense them their reward for the best of what they used to do.
36. Is God not enough for His servant? And they frighten you with others beside Him. And whomever God sends astray, for him there will be no guide.
37. And whomever God guides, for him there will be none that can mislead. Is God not Noble, Vengeful?
38. And if you ask them: “Who created the heavens and the earth?”, they will say: “God.” Say: “Do you see all that you call on besides God? If God wanted any harm for me, can they alleviate His harm? Or if He wanted a mercy for me, can they hold back his mercy?” Say: “God is sufficient for me; in Him those who trust shall put their trust.”
39. Say: “O my people, work according to your way, and I will work. You will surely find out.”
40. “To whom will come the humiliating retribution, and on whom descends the eternal retribution.”
41. We have sent down to you the scripture for the people with truth. Then, whoever is guided is guided for himself, and whoever goes astray goes astray to his own detriment. You are not a keeper over them.
42. God takes the souls when they die and during their sleep. He then keeps those that have been overtaken by death, and He sends the others until a predetermined time. In that are signs for a people who will think.
43. Or have they taken intercessors besides God? Say: “What if they do not possess any power, nor understanding?”
44. Say: “To God belong all intercessions.” To Him belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, then to Him you will be returned.
45. And if God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter become disgusted. But when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!
46. Say: “O God, Initiator of the heavens and the earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, You will judge between Your servants regarding their disputes.”
47. And if those who transgressed owned everything on earth, and its equivalent again with it, they would ransom it to avoid the terrible retribution on the Day of Resurrection. They will be shown by God what they did not expect.
48. And the sinful works they had earned will be shown to them, and they will be surrounded by that which they used to mock!
49. So when the human is touched by adversity, he implores Us, then when We bestow a blessing upon him, he says: “I attained this because of knowledge I had!” Indeed, it is a test, but most of them do not know.
50. Those before them have said the same thing, yet what they earned did not help them in the least.
51. So, they suffered the evil of what they had earned. And those who transgressed from among these here will suffer the evil of what they earned; they cannot escape.
52. Do they not realise that God spreads the provision for whomever He chooses, and withholds? In that are signs for a people who believe.
53. Say: “O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God’s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.”
54. And repent to your Lord, and surrender to Him, before the retribution comes to you. Then you cannot be helped.
55. And follow the best of what has been sent down to you from your Lord, before the retribution comes to you suddenly when you least expect it.
56. Lest a soul will say: “How sorry I am for disregarding God’s path; and I was certainly one of those who mocked.”
57. Or say: “Had God guided me, I would have been among the righteous.”
58. Or say, when it sees the retribution: “If only I could have another chance, I would be among the good doers.”
59. Yes indeed, My revelations came to you, but you denied them and turned arrogant, and became a disbeliever.
60. And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied about God their faces will be blackened. Is there not an abode in Hell for the arrogant ones?
61. And God will save those who were righteous as their reward. No harm will touch them, nor will they grieve.
62. God is the Creator of all things, and He is Guardian over all things.
63. To Him belongs the possessions of the heavens and the earth. And those who disbelieve in God’s revelations, they are the losers.
64. Say: “Do you order me to serve other than God, O you ignorant ones?”
65. And He has inspired to you and to those before you, that if you set up partners, He will nullify all your work, and you will be of the losers.
66. Therefore, you shall serve God, and be among the appreciative.
67. And they have not given God His true worth. The whole earth is within His fist on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Be He glorified; He is much too high above what they set up.
68. And the horn will be blown, whereupon everyone in the heavens and the earth will be struck unconscious, except those spared by God. Then it will be blown another time, whereupon they will all rise up, looking.
69. And the earth will shine with the light of its Lord, and the record will be proclaimed, and the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forth; and it will then be judged between them with truth, and they will not be wronged.
70. And every soul will be paid for whatever it did, for He is fully aware of everything they have done.
71. And those who rejected will be driven to Hell in groups. When they reach it, and its gates are opened, its guards will say to them: “Did you not receive messengers from among you, who recited to you the revelations of your Lord, and warned you about meeting this day?” They will answer: “Indeed, but the promise of retribution was destined to be upon the rejecters.”
72. It will be said: “Enter the gates of Hell, wherein you abide forever. What a miserable destiny for the arrogant.”
73. And those who reverenced their Lord will be driven to Paradise in groups. When they reach it, and its gates are opened, its guards will say to them: “Peace be upon you. You have done well, so enter to abide herein forever.”
74. And they will say: “Praise be to God who has fulfilled His promise to us, and He made us inherit the earth, enjoying Paradise as we please. What a beautiful recompense for the workers!”
75. And you will see the Angels surrounding the throne, glorifying the praise of their Lord. And it will be judged between them with truth, and it will be said: “Praise be to God, Lord of the worlds”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. The revelation of the scripture is from God, the Noble, the Knowledgeable.
3. Forgiver of sins, and acceptor of repentance, severe in retribution, with reach. There is no other god beside Him. To Him is the ultimate destiny.
4. None dispute in God’s revelations except those who have disbelieved. So do not be impressed by their influence through the land.
5. Denial had come before them from the people of Noah and the confederates after them, and every nation schemed against their messenger to seize him, and they disputed by means of falsehood to defeat with it the truth. Consequently, I took them; so how was My punishment!
6. And as such, the word of your Lord has come to pass upon those who rejected, that they are the dwellers of the Fire.
7. Those who carry the throne and all those around it glorify the praise of their Lord, and believe in Him, and they seek forgiveness for those who have believed: “Our Lord, you encompass all things with mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who repented and followed your path, and spare them the agony of Hell.”
8. “Our Lord, and admit them into the gardens of Eden which You had promised for them and for those who did good of their fathers, their spouses, and their progeny. You are the Noble, the Wise.”
9. “And protect them from the sins. And whomever You protect from the sins, on that day, You have granted him mercy. And this is the greatest triumph.”
10. Those who had rejected will be told: “God’s abhorrence towards you is greater than your abhorrence towards yourselves, for you were invited to believe, but you chose to reject.”
11. They will say: “Our Lord, you have made us die twice, and You have given us life twice. Now we have confessed our sins. Is there any way out of this path?”
12. This is because when God Alone was mentioned, you rejected, but when partners were associated with Him, you believed. Therefore, the judgment is for God, the Most High, the Great.
13. He is the One who shows you His signs, and He sends down to you provisions from the sky. But none care to remember except those who repent.
14. Therefore, call on God while being pure to His system, even if the rejecters dislike it.
15. Possessor of the highest ranks, the owner of the Throne. He sends the Angels with His command upon whom He wills from among His servants, that he may warn of the Day of Summoning.
16. The day when they will be exposed. None of them will hide anything from God. To whom is the sovereignty on this day? To God, the One, the Supreme.
17. Today, every soul will be requited for what it had earned. There will be no injustice today. Surely, God is swift in reckoning.
18. And warn them of the imminent day, when the hearts will reach the throats, and many will be remorseful. The transgressors will have no friend nor intercessor to be obeyed.
19. He knows what the eyes cannot see, and all that the chests conceal.
20. And God judges with the truth, while those they call on besides Him do not judge with anything! Surely, God is the Hearer, the Seer.
21. Have they not roamed the earth and noted what was the consequence of those who were before them? They used to be stronger than they, and had built more in the land. But God seized them for their sins, and they had no protector against God.
22. That is because their messengers used to come to them with proofs, but they rejected. Thus God seized them; for He is Mighty, severe in punishment.
23. And We Had sent Moses with Our signs, and a clear authority.
24. To Pharaoh, Haamaan, and Qaaroon. But they said: “A lying magician!”
25. Then, when the truth came to them from Us, they said: “Kill the children of those who believed with him, and rape their women.” But the scheming of the rejecters is always in error.
26. And Pharaoh said: “Leave me to kill Moses, and let him call upon his Lord. I fear that he may change your system, or that he will cause evil to spread throughout the land.”
27. And Moses said: “I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every arrogant one who does not believe in the Day of Reckoning”
28. And a believing man from among Pharaoh’s people, who was concealing his belief, said: “Will you kill a man simply for saying: ‘My Lord is God’, and he has come to you with proofs from your Lord? And if he is a liar, then his lie will be upon him, and if he is truthful, then some of what he is promising you will afflict you. Surely, God does not guide any transgressor, liar.”
29. “O my people, you have the kingship today throughout the land. But then who will save us against God’s torment, should it come to us?” Pharaoh said: “I am showing you that which I see, and I guiding you in the right path.”
30. And the one who believed said: “O my people, I fear for you the same fate as on the day of the confederates.”
31. “Like the fate of the people of Noah, ‘Aad, and Thamud, and those after them. And God does not wish any injustice for the servant.”
32. “And, O my people, I fear for you the day of blaming.”
33. “A day when you will turn around and flee, you will have no protector besides God, and whomever God sends astray, none can guide him.”
34. “And Joseph had come to you before with proofs, but you remained in doubt regarding what he came to you with. Then, when he died, you said: “God will not send any messenger after him.” It is such that God sends astray he who is a transgressor, doubtful.”
35. Those who dispute about God’s signs without any authority that has come to them, it is greatly abhorred with God and with those who believe. God thus seals the hearts of every arrogant tyrant.
36. And Pharaoh said: “O Haamaan, build for me a high platform that I may uncover the secrets.”
37. “The secrets of the heavens, and that I can take a look at the god of Moses, although I think he is a liar.” Thus the evil works of Pharaoh were made to appear correct to him, and he was blocked from the path. And Pharaoh’s scheming brought nothing but regret.
38. And the one who believed said: “O my people, follow me, and I will guide you to the right way.”
39. “O my people, this worldly life is but an enjoyment, while the Hereafter is the permanent abode.”
40. “Whosoever does an evil deed, he will not be requited except for its equivalent, and whosoever does good, whether male or female and is a believer, then those will be admitted to Paradise, where they will receive provision without limit.”
41. “And, O my people, why is it that I invite you to salvation, while you invite me to the Fire!”
42. “You invite me to reject God, and place partners beside Him that I have no knowledge of, and I am inviting you to the Noble, the Forgiver.”
43. “There is no doubt that what you invite me to do has no basis in this world, nor in the Hereafter. And our ultimate return will be to God, and that the transgressors will be the dwellers if the Fire.”
44. “You will come to remember what I am telling you, and I leave my affair in this matter to God; God is the Seer of the servants.”
45. So God protected him from the evil of what they schemed, while the people of Pharaoh have incurred the worst retribution.
46. The Fire, which they will be shown morning and night, and on the day when the hour is established: “Admit the people of Pharaoh into the most severe of the retribution.”
47. And when they argue in Hell, the weak will say to those who were arrogant: “We used to be your followers, can you take from us any portion of the Fire?”
48. Those who were arrogant will say: “We are all in it together, for God has passed judgment upon the servants.”
49. And those who are in Fire will say to the guardians of Hell: “Call upon your Lord to reduce for us the retribution, by just one day!”
50. They will say: “Did not your messengers come to you with proofs?” They will reply: “Yes.” They will say: “Then call out, for the call of the rejecters is nothing but in vain.”
51. We will indeed grant victory to Our messengers and to those who believed in the worldly life, and on the day when the witnesses will rise.
52. A day when excuses will be of no help to the transgressors, and they will be cursed, and they will have the worst abode.
53. And We have given Moses the guidance, and We made the Children of Israel inherit the scripture.
54. A guide and a reminder for those who possess intelligence.
55. So be patient, for the promise of God is true, and seek forgiveness for your sin, and glorify and praise your Lord evening and morning.
56. Surely, those who dispute about God’s revelations without any authority given to them, there is nothing but arrogance in their chests, which they do not perceive. Therefore, seek refuge in God; He is the Hearer, the Seer.
57. The creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of the humans, but most humans do not know.
58. And not equal are the blind and the seer; nor those who believe and do good works, and those who do evil. Little do you remember.
59. Surely the Hour is coming, there is no doubt in it, but most people do not believe.
60. And your Lord said: “Call on Me and I will respond to you.” Surely, those who are too arrogant to serve Me, they will enter Hell, forcibly.
61. God, it is He Who has made the night for you to reside in and the day to see in. Surely, God provides many blessings upon the people, but most people are not thankful.
62. That is God, your Lord, Creator of all things. There is no god except He, so why do you deviate?
63. Thus, those who used to deny God’s Revelations were deviated.
64. God is the One who made the earth habitable for you, and the sky as a structure, and He designed you, and Has perfected your design. And He provided you with good provisions. Such is God your Lord. Most Exalted is God, Lord of the worlds.
65. He is the Living; there is no god except He. So call on Him while making the system pure for Him. Praise be to God, Lord of the worlds.
66. Say: “I have been enjoined from serving those whom you are calling upon besides God, since the proofs have come to me from my Lord. And I have been commanded to surrender to the Lord of the worlds.”
67. He is the One who created you from dust, then from a drop, then from a hanging embryo, then He brings you out as a child, then He lets you reach your maturity, then you become old, and some of you may pass away before this, and so that you may reach an appointed term, in order that you may understand.
68. He is the One who gives life and causes death. And when He decides upon anything, He simply says to it: “Be” and it is.
69. Did you not see those who dispute about God’s revelations, how they have deviated?
70. Those who deny the scripture, and in what We have sent Our messengers with. Therefore, they will come to know.
71. When the collars will be around their necks and the chains will be used to drag them.
72. In the boiling water, then in the Fire they will be burned.
73. Then it will be said to them: “Where are those that you have set up as partners.”
74. “Beside God?” They will say: “They have abandoned us. No, we did not used to call on anything before!” Thus God leads the rejecters astray.
75. That was because of what you used to exult on earth without any right, and for what you used to rejoice.
76. Enter the gates of Hell, abiding therein. What a miserable abode for the arrogant ones.
77. So be patient, for the promise of God is true. Either We will show you some of what We have promised them, or We will make you die, then it is to Us that they will be returned.
78. And We have sent messengers before you. Some of them We mentioned to you, and some We did not mention to you. And it was not given to any messenger that he should bring a sign except by God’s leave. So, when God’s judgment is issued, the matter will be decided with the truth, and the followers of falsehood will be lost.
79. God is the One who made the livestock for you that you may ride on some of them, and some of them you eat.
80. And you have other benefits in them. And that you may reach by their means a desire that is in your chest. And on them and on the ships, you are carried.
81. And He shows you His signs. So which of God’s signs do you deny?
82. Have they not roamed the earth and noted the consequences for those who were before them? They used to be greater in number than them and mightier in strength, and they had built more in the land. Yet, all that they had earned could not avail them.
83. Then, when their messengers came to them with clear proofs, they were content with what they already had of the knowledge. And that which they ridiculed became their end.
84. So when they saw Our might, they said: “We believe in God Alone, and we reject all the partners we used to set up.”
85. But their belief then could not help them, once they saw Our might. Such is God’s way that has been established with His servants. And the rejecters were then utterly doomed.